As a writer, you'll always be thinking of new ideas for articles, blog posts, eBooks, etc. Even when you're not consciously searching for your next piece of inspiration, it can be triggered at any time; due to something you see, or a sudden thought that pops into your head because of something that's occurred around you like something you heard. I've experienced this loads of times and honestly, I'm fed up with how many great ideas I lose because I never have any writing material down.
So my piece of advice? As a writer, you're imaginitive, creative and thoughtful; inspiration can strike you at time! Keep a notepad and a pen around or maybe a cell phone that you can use to take quick voice notes before you forget your sudden idea. You can save a lot of frustration and brain-racking this way and you'll have something to work on. All in all, a great idea.
While we're on the topic of great ideas, I'd recommend taking some of your free time to brainstorm for ideas. Writers, especially those who write for a living, need to constantly be on the lookout for an idea and you can't always count on inspiration to pop into your head the second you need it; the world just isn't that convenient for anyone.
That's the end of this little tidbit of advice and honestly, it's the most basic piece of advice a lot of you are probably wondering why I bothered to post it, the reason is that no matter how basic this piece of advice is, hardly anyone follows it! You've got to know that in any business, any profession, the smallest practices can make the biggest differences so I encourage you greatly to make use of this advice by following it.
So my piece of advice? As a writer, you're imaginitive, creative and thoughtful; inspiration can strike you at time! Keep a notepad and a pen around or maybe a cell phone that you can use to take quick voice notes before you forget your sudden idea. You can save a lot of frustration and brain-racking this way and you'll have something to work on. All in all, a great idea.
While we're on the topic of great ideas, I'd recommend taking some of your free time to brainstorm for ideas. Writers, especially those who write for a living, need to constantly be on the lookout for an idea and you can't always count on inspiration to pop into your head the second you need it; the world just isn't that convenient for anyone.
That's the end of this little tidbit of advice and honestly, it's the most basic piece of advice a lot of you are probably wondering why I bothered to post it, the reason is that no matter how basic this piece of advice is, hardly anyone follows it! You've got to know that in any business, any profession, the smallest practices can make the biggest differences so I encourage you greatly to make use of this advice by following it.
No comments:
Post a Comment