Monday, August 27, 2012

In Need Of A Cheap Domain For Your Writing Website?

As a writer, you need to be on the constant lookout for a good chance to get a respectable domain name for your online writing. After that, you also need to take a look at good hosting options too. With both those things, one costing a great deal more than the other, the expense can be unworkable for some online writers.

Well, if you've been looking for cheaper yet good alternatives to the prices at GoDaddy.com and the large amount of money you have to pay for HostGator domain hosting, then you've come to the perfect blog post because within the confines of this post, I will tell you about two great places to go for a cheap domain and free hosting. I can proudly say that I have tested both and that their services are really satisfactory. If you have a problem with the domain that you buy, you get a 30-day money back guarantee. As for the free hosting... well, you're not really losing anything there, are you?

When it comes down to cheap .com domain names, the search can be quite a hassle and most give up halfway through. I haven't and now I'll help you end your search too by giving you the website, http://www.networksolutions.com/. On this website, you can get domains for the cheap price of $2.95 per year! I've gotten one before and (Spoiler Alert!) I'm thinking of getting another one to shift Writers' Trade to.

The next website I'm going to show you is a great, free alternative to most hosting services on the Internet and it's URL is http://www.000webhost.com/. 000Webhost is a website that gives you free domain hosting, is completely legit and has a great record of 99% uptime! This is all just the basic, free plan. They have a paid hosting plan too which I recommend if you need more CPU power to your website than the basic package can provide.

With those two services, setting up a website on the internet is a pretty easy endeavour. Once that's done, if you want a blog, you can look into Wordpress' downloadable blog service which allows you to download the basic Wordpress blog files and upload them on an FTP server for your website, from which you can install your Wordpress blog (don't worry if it sounds complicated - they give you a tutorial).

UPDATE: This will only work as a 1 year temporary website due to the fact that the Networksolutions auto-renewal for the domain registration puts the price back up to a killing $35. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment